Morgen Dozier

Auto collision teacher Jeff Wilson works with students in class during a project.

Jeff Wilson, auto collision

Jeff Wilson, the auto collision teacher, was always a tough man from the first day I attended to his class. I could tell that he knew what he was talking about. He gave off this energy that he had years of experience in the material that he was teaching us. And throughout my first year with him, I knew I was going to learn a lot of life skills from his course.

When I was working in the workshop, he always pushed us to be independent and not to rely too much on the adults. He treats us like real employees at an auto shop, and I’ve gained some new skills. He teaches us how to talk to one another and how to use our own brains to solve the problem.

However, at the same time he doesn’t ignore you when you have a problem. He will show you how to fix it but not give you the answer. He slowly shows you step-by-step what to do, giving us pointers that help us throughout the assignment.

Mr. Wilson does this thing where he kind of pokes fun at you and tries to make you uncomfortable. At first, it seems like he’s just making fun of you but he does it out of love. He does that because he wants you to become ready for the real world, especially in situations where your coworker may not respect or when you may have a jerk for a boss.

Mr. Wilson is always straightforward and respectful to students. He doesn’t look at us like kids in high school. He sees us like real people applying for a job. I can say firmly that I have became a stronger person after his course and my skin grew thicker. I’m less sensitive to people around me. I’m grateful for that skill that he has taught me.

KP TIMES • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$815
$1000