Jacob Jolly

Algebra teacher Claire Kerr works on Schoology during downtime in May.

Claire Kerr, algebra

Algebra 2 teacher Clare Kerr has been following her passion and teaching mathematics for over 20 years.

She has even taught the parents of students at Kingwood Park. Mrs. Kerr always goes above and beyond to help her students excel to the next level. She is always ready to work with a great attitude and is very engaged with her students, making sure they understand the material being taught. Before assigning a worksheet, Kerr will go over a set of corresponding in-depth notes and solve several problems to give her students a clear understanding of what to do.

Tutorials are also held in her room several days a week to ensure that her students have plenty of opportunities to learn. Math is not a strong subject for most students, but with a teacher like Mrs. Kerr it is broken down and made simple and understandable.

Kerr has also brought her teaching abilities into the virtual schooling world for the first time, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Mrs. Kerr keeps all students constantly up to date with the material being taught daily by using a chart on Schoology named “Week at a Glance.” This chart shows what worksheets, and notes are assigned each day of the week, also showing the dates for upcoming quizzes and tests. She also holds Zoom meetings every morning and afternoon to clear up any questions or misconceptions students may have.

If being a great teacher isn’t enough already, Mrs. Kerr also has a multi-port phone charging station in her classroom that can be used by students at any time. Overall Clare Kerr is a great teacher, who cares about each and every one of her students, and works hard to ensure the success of her students no matter what.

KP TIMES • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$815
$1000