English+teacher+Jessica+LaBello+works+on+her+planning+during+her+conference+period+on+May+11.+She+has+taught+AP+Language+this+year.+

Arleigh Doehring

English teacher Jessica LaBello works on her planning during her conference period on May 11. She has taught AP Language this year.

Jessica LaBello, English

I never imagined that English would become one of my favorite classes until the first day I walked into Mrs. LaBello’s class.

On the first day of face-to-face school she was standing right in front of the class with a smile as bright as sunshine and a radiant positive energy that could be felt even from a mile away. Her perseverance and her Tibetan singing bowl make her class unique and help me get through the day.

Her classroom is filled with colorful decorations, like projects from students that had her as a teacher previous years. The board in the back of her classroom is always decorated with colorful drawings. Her book shelves are filled with amazing books for us to read during our free time.

She has the ability to put a smile on everyone’s faces, and is always willing to help and find a solution for everything. Whenever we learn something new, Mrs. LaBello personally makes her Google Slides presentations, with tons of different fonts and images, and videos that help every type of learner retain the information. Most of her students, including me, had some knowledge on how to write essays, but thanks to her we learned to write synthesis, narrative, rhetorical analysis essays, memoirs, and she taught us how to perfect our essay writing skills.

Mrs. LaBello is such a strong woman, she understands people’s lives and is very approachable to talk about any struggles her students might have, and she is also very good at giving advice and spring break speeches. Her ability to connect with her students is what makes her a good teacher. Even though this is her first year teaching AP English, Mrs. LaBello has done an excellent job.

KP TIMES • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to KP TIMES
$815
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All KP TIMES Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *