Senior+Trent+Burningham+talks+to+coach+Kimberly+Ackerman+after+his+race.+He+earned+a+bronze+medal+at+the+state+track+%26+field+championships+in+the+800+meters+last+year.+

Maya Ortiz

Senior Trent Burningham talks to coach Kimberly Ackerman after his race. He earned a bronze medal at the state track & field championships in the 800 meters last year.

Kimberly Ackerman, coach and teacher

I remember getting off the bus to Kingwood Park High School in 8th grade. Since Kingwood Middle School was under construction, the middle schoolers had to work out at the high school. As I walked over to the pole vault pit with a big smile on my face, I saw coach Kim Ackerman turn around and see me. “Little Bush!” Ackerman screamed as she squeezed me into a tight hug. The memory still warms my heart every time. 

A whole year later, during the first day of my freshman year, my nerves began to grow as I walked up to her Principles of Education class. “Little Bush!” she screamed yet again. I could feel my smile grow as I saw her. All of my nerves washed away.

She has been my aunt’s best friend since fourth grade, and she’s always been a part of my life. At this point, I consider her as family and she has made such a great impact on my life.

She’s the type of person someone would go to if they need any advice or comfort or even someone to talk to. She is a great listener, and I always feel like I’m a part of a family when I walk into her classroom. She picks two students to be door greeters and shakes everyone’s hands at the door so that we can interact with others. She also makes every student say one good thing about their day or week. Afterward, every student has to give a round of applause to make sure that every student knows they were heard.

She never pressures anyone to do something they do not want to and makes sure everyone is comfortable. She never interrupts anyone from speaking and she participates in all the activities we do. She has to be one of my favorite teachers and I can’t wait to see her next year, whether it’s in the hallways, or if I’m in one of her classes. She’s the best.

KP TIMES • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$815
$1000