Travel, family help Dozier focus on future goals

Senior Morgen Dozier enjoys being around family during her Uncle Felix’s 90th birthday in Granbury, Texas. On the left is Morgen Dozier’s mom Tracy Dozier, Dozier’s older sister Chase, her father Russell, her great uncle Felix, and Morgen. Submitted by Morgen Dozier.

Senior Morgan Dozier looks forward to learning more about her family and their history. Being one of the younger cousins, Dozier has felt a divide between her and her extended family. However this summer Dozier had the chance to finally get to know them all better, especially her cousins up north. 

In Washington, she spent time with her cousins and aunts in a way she has never been able to before, given that they are so much older than her. She also visited her grandparents in Dallas, who she had not known very well throughout her childhood.

“It was super exciting to see these people who had known me since I was little but I had never known them,” Dozier said.

Dozier finds connecting with people much more effective when one is also connecting with nature. She hopes to carry this habit into her adulthood. 

“I want to live in a secluded area, maybe somewhere with a lake,” Dozier said, “I want to be able to sit on my porch and have my coffee and watch the water.”

But above all, Dozier values comfortable living. Having the flexibility financially and socially to have interests and hobbies is Dozier’s priority in life. Although she does not expect to be rich, she hopes that money will not be a problem for her in her future. 

“I understand that [in certain careers] you’re not gonna make a lot of money, but having fun in my career is very important to me,” Dozier said. 

With plans of having a career in journalism or culinary, Dozier will focus on a degree with a lot of flexibility. She will likely stay local for college but plans to move up north at some point.

She hopes this move will bring new connections and experiences into her life. Dozier finds comfort in having some form of family around her, even if not blood related.

“As you grow old, and as you meet new people, and build those connections it really helps you grow and prosper,” Dozier said.

Dozier plans to continue to surround herself with people who will make her better. 

“Having those people you can always rely on has brought me a happiness I have never experienced before,” Dozier said.