Unforgettable memories of Eras Tour still vivid

Evelyn+Vela-West+and+her+mom+show+off+their+bracelets+before+they+go+to+the+Eras+Tour+concert+in+April.+
Evelyn Vela-West
Evelyn Vela-West and her mom show off their bracelets before they go to the Eras Tour concert in April.

When Taylor Swift announced her Eras Tour shortly after her 10th studio album “Midnights” came out, I was shocked. I remember I was in third period of sophomore English when Taylor made public the tour cities and dates of the first U.S. leg for the tour.

As soon as I saw the post, I texted my grandma telling her that Taylor was playing in Houston and she said she would get me tickets. That shocked me, and I didn’t think she was fully serious.

The day tickets went on sale, my grandma was waiting in line with 2,000+ people ahead of her on two different devices. When she finally reached the front of the line, my grandma was in the car and had to pull over in order to get the tickets. Her dedication to getting the tickets for me was very noble. I applaud her because I wanted to help, but sadly I was at school.

My mom and I were going to go together and the anticipation was building. We had no idea what to wear, and we were also trying to make as many friendship bracelets as we could. 

The concert day finally came on April 21 and it’s difficult to put it into words how excited I was. I thankfully had gotten checked out of school so my mom and I could have more time to get ready. I got dressed pretty fast and wasted a lot of time on my phone – making a huge mistake. (I didn’t charge my phone long enough and it died halfway through the concert.)

We got to the NRG Stadium (Taylor’s Version) and I was definitely feeling very nervous and excited at the same time. A huge part of my excitement was the surprise song section after the 1989 set, because I was hoping I would get a song that was one of my favorites. 

After hours of waiting and seeing Gracie Abrams and beabadoobee open for Taylor, she finally came out onto the stage – the moment everyone in the stadium had been waiting for. Taylor opened with “Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince” and the whole concert exceeded my expectations. 

Taylor sang “Wonderland” during the surprise song set and “You’re Not Sorry.” I freaked out when she started singing “Wonderland” because it was on my wishlist of songs I hoped she would sing.

After the concert was over, my aunt picked up my mom and me and we stayed over at her house for the night since it was about 1 a.m.

I’ve enjoyed keeping up with the surprise songs of other concerts in other cities and Taylor has announced two Taylor’s Version albums so far. The next album coming out is “1989 Taylor’s Version.” 

Along with new albums, Taylor also released a film of the whole concert that is now out in theaters. I saw it on opening night and the experience was also great. Swifties weren’t too wild, but we could not help but do the chants and sing along. It was almost as great as the concert and it was 100% worth it.

Overall, I’m super grateful for being a Taylor Swift fan because she keeps us fed and has so much content to share with her fans. The concert was amazing, the albums are amazing, and the movie was amazing and I’ll always cherish those experiences.