Tennis team finishes fall season

Senior Daniel Kelly gets a water break waiting for the next tennis match to begin.

Kaylee Woest, Staff Reporter

After a successful fall season and gaining the title of Area Champions, the Kingwood Park tennis team is off to a great start.

The fall season ended really well for the tennis team.

“”It was a great season. The kids battled well through our district matches and won district,” Head coach Wade Bartels said. “They fought hard and won playoff so we were Bi- district champions and played well in the regional championships but fell a little short, losing to College Station.”

This season brought the players some great experiences.

“My favorite part of this season was having the opportunity to go to college station,”Varsity Junior Angelee Vaile said.

The tennis team had to face difficult challenges throughout the season, including playing college station’s number one player in the region and playing against goose creek memorial.

“We accomplished beating Goose Creek Memorial by one point to get to regionals,” Varsity senior Daniel Kelly said.

Being Area Champions has helped aid the tennis team through the rest of the season. KPARK has won the title of Area Champions ever since it came into play, which has been three years in a row.

“Becoming Area Champions means a lot to the program,” Bartels said. “Its another championship they have achieved and I think it helps build confidence in the team.”

Through all the hardships and accomplishments, all the players and coaches have formed a great relationship.

“Coach Bartels and Coach Hershey have been very dedicated and instrumental in all aspects of the students on the team,” Vaile said. “We have all grown to have more integrity on and off the courts.”

Even though the fall season has come to an end, the tennis team still has the spring season to look forward to.

“The fall season is the boys and girls together on team tennis,” Bartels said. “During the spring, it is individual season where its competitive season for freshman, Jv, and Varsity. They play either singles, doubles, or mixed doubles. The spring season allows you to advance to district and regionals as an individual.”

As the team prepares for the spring season, they plan to take what they’ve learned from this past season and improve individually.

“We are going to use our experiences during the matches and take what we can improve from,” Bartels said. “Playing against some of the tougher teams exposed the kids to how much more we can improve.”

The tennis team had a great fall season and is ready to conquer the spring.

“I’m super proud of the kids,” Bartels said. “Im proud of the traditions that we have winning here at Kingwood Park.”