The student news site of Kingwood Park High School

KP TIMES

KP TIMES

KP TIMES

Bailey earns third trip to State Meet

Senior Elina Bailey competes in the district cross country meet at Atascocita High School. She won the meet and finished 9th at the Region Meet. She will compete at State on Nov. 3.

After a successful Region Meet for senior Elina Bailey, she became the only member of the varsity girls cross country team to qualify for the State Meet with a time of 19:07.99. Bailey knocked almost a minute off her time from the district meet (19:56.87) and almost two minutes from her time at the Region Meet (21:13.82) a year ago last year.

Bailey has had a strong few weeks as she has worked to qualify for the State Meet for the third year in a row. She won the district championship, helping lift the team to its second-consecutive title at Atascocita High School on Oct. 12.

“I felt confident but I still knew that I had put my best effort in,” Bailey said.

All seven varsity girls – Elina Bailey (1st), Alyssa Toppass (4th), Lucy Foltz (6th), Emma Adams (9), Mary De Jesus (10), Isabel Monks (11), Sophia Sullivan (18), placed in the top eighteen at the district meet, which was held at Atascocita High School on Oct.12.

“You could tell they really wanted it,” coach Cody Cook said, “as a team, it was probably our best race of the season.”

View Comments (5)
Donate to KP TIMES
$815
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Kingwood Park High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs. The journalism program at Kingwood Park is funded solely from student sold advertisements and community support.