Brothers build bond through work

Junior+Garrison+Moritz+and+his+older+brother+Gavin+hang+out+before+the+football+teams+season+opener+against+MacArthur+on+Aug.+24.+Gavin+did+play-by-play+of+the+game+for+Texan+Live%2C+while+Garrison+helped+out.+
Arleigh Doehring
Junior Garrison Moritz and his older brother Gavin hang out before the football team’s season opener against MacArthur on Aug. 24. Gavin did play-by-play of the game for Texan Live, while Garrison helped out.

Junior Garrison Moritz spends drives to work with his older brother sleeping or listening to music and talking.

Gavin Moritz, Garrison’s 22-year-old brother, started working at Texan Live when he was a sophomore in high school. Garrison ultimately followed suit working as a cameraman. 

“It’s just a fun job,” Garrison said.

Garrison works the camera for an array of high school sports. His favorite sport to work is softball.

Garrison makes a point to work shifts with his brother, who currently works full time for Texan Live. Gavin was the play-by-play announcer for Kingwood Park’s season opener against MacArthur.

As Garrison works towards obtaining his driver’s license, he is unsure of how many more drives to work he will have with his brother. 

The two have not always had a solid relationship.

“He told me before that I’ve gotten progressively cooler to hang out with as I’ve grown older,” Garrison said.

Now the two spend time bonding over Fortnite, at which Garrison claims to be better. 

“He’s like my best friend,” Garrison said.

The two have adopted similar fashion styles and music tastes. Gavin is part of the reason Juice WRLD is Garrison’s favorite rapper.

“I started taking stuff after him,” Garrison said. “A lot of people say I’m a mini version of him.”