Skyrim remains one of the best action-role playing games ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of the best video games ever relesaed. Courtesy of Playstation.

Skyrim is undeniably one of the greatest games of all time. Since its release in November of 2011, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has continued to receive tons of attention both online and in the real world. With dozens of new mods made every day, hundreds of videos and streams uploaded and memes continuing to be generated at a rapid pace, Skyrim has cemented its place as one of the best video games ever created.

The sequel to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Skyrim had a big legacy to live up to. “What could possibly top Oblivion?” everyone asked. They were answered by revolutionary graphics (for their time), one of the most entertaining and thought out stories ever written for a game (beating quite a few books too), a long and captivating adventure about being the only one who can save the world from total annihilation by an evil god king dragon who had been cast forward in time by the ancients.

The game starts out with the main character being transported to Helgen, an imperial outpost near the border of Skyrim, the player due to be executed as a suspected stormcloak collaborator. Before they are about to have their head lopped off however, the main antagonist, Alduin, reveals himself and attacks the site, allowing the protagonist to escape. You then get flung all around the country on different errands and questlines for people, trying to figure out who you are, what you can do, and how you can stop Alduin and 2 other major antagonists who appear later from destroying or conquering the world their own way.

From the hours you can grind out of base gameplay, to the unmatched replayability and wonderful modding community keeping the game fresh after all these years, it is safe to say that Skyrim has sealed itself as a classic for years to come. I would recommend this game to anybody who is willing to give something new a try.