‘Badland Hunters’ packs action, deceit in strong film

New Netflix movie “Badland Hunters” launches to strong reviews. (Netflix)

Korea has produced many movies throughout the years, many of which catch the attention of many people around the world as breathtaking and very emotional. One of their latest creations that was recently added on Netflix is filled with action and gore, lies and deceit, and a movie that’s worth watching: Badland Hunters

Before we get to the details of this movie, we’re going to talk about one character that stands out from the rest in terms of popularity and reputation: Don Lee. This man has been featured in many movies, such as Train to Busan and Eternals, and has always played the role of a brute with a soft heart. This movie showcased him as an unstoppable man with a mission to rescue everyone and bring any mad man to justice, or just straight up punching them in the face.

Now moving on to the details, this movie takes place in a barren wasteland that was struck by a terrible earthquake that destroyed everything to ruin and rendered everyone homeless with barely any food or water to survive. When it comes to survival, you can expect there to be betrayals and lies along the way as well as dark secrets that can frighten you to your core. But there are certain individuals that have a hidden agenda, a goal to reach at the expense of human lives. 

In this post apocalyptic world, there are mini towns that live in poverty due to the scarcity of food and water that they literally have to hunt animals that wander in abandoned cities to avoid starvation. There is, however, a safe haven at an apartment complex that has an aquifer and a garden to grow food on so that they won’t ever go hungry. But it isn’t as safe as many claim it to be, as it’s the testing grounds for a mad scientist that’s trying to find the secret to immortality by experimenting on young people, specifically those that are 18 or younger, so that he can revive his daughter. All and all, it’s a rescue mission with a twist and dark secrets to be revealed.

In conclusion, this movie is jam packed with fighting, emotional distress, and tons of gore whether you like it or not. Despite this, it is definitely something that’s worth watching in case you’re ever bored and need a jolt of adrenaline, I know I enjoyed watching it. But let this be a reminder that there is no end to human cruelty and that they’ll go to any lengths to get what they want, even at the cost of other peoples’ lives.