The student news site of Kingwood Park High School

KP TIMES

KP TIMES

KP TIMES

Battle for ‘The Challenge: USA’ title filled with drama

The cast of “The Challenge: USA” compete for $500,000. Photo by Jonne Roriz, courtesy of Paramount.

Season two of the The Challenge: USA concludes with a shocking ending but a well-deserved victory for the winners. 

The Challenge, a reality TV show, is known for its grueling and gut-wrenching challenges. This was the second season that added a new twist with 18 contestants from CBS reality shows, such as Survivor, Big Brother and The Amazing Race. This season, the show brought in previous veterans and added a new voting system to add a twist to the game. 

In the beginning of the season, the challengers were split up into three teams of four males and four females. Each competition is different in order to test your mental and physical abilities. It also tests how well you work with others. If your team succeeded in winning the challenge that week, your team would be tasked with choosing one male and one female to send into the arena. Later, the other two teams would vote through the hopper to choose who they wanted to potentially see battle it out for their chance at $500,000. 

If you went into the arena but came back into the house, you were then able to choose if you wanted to betray your team and choose another team or remain on the same team. 

Despite the contestants being married or parents, that doesn’t mean some sparks didn’t fly between others. I didn’t like seeing certain cast members flirting with each other while I was watching because it was weird. There are other shows like Love Island or Too Hot To Handle that you can go on to find “love,” but The Challenge is not one. 

The season started off slow as no challenger wanted to take a swing at a veteran and risk their safety. As the season went on, however, teams were no longer a thing and it became every man for themselves. The show really started to get good at this point as challengers kept voting one specific challenger into the arena, which they won four times in a row. Other challengers started to view him as a threat but still continued to take shots at him. This would later lead to a sweet and shocking ending that made all the other challengers undeserving for their title as Challenge winners.

To watch The Challenge: USA it’s available on Paramount+ along with many other different versions of The Challenge